Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > NetworkCredential

NetworkCredential

IveCal

Hello, guys... What is the Java equivalent class for NetworkCredential?
Please reply. Thanks

IveCal

NetworkCredential by that way is a C# class.

Oliver Wong

"IveCal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello, guys... What is the Java equivalent class for NetworkCredential?
> Please reply. Thanks

Crosspost; don't multipost:

- Oliver

Roedy Green

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:05:30 GMT, "Oliver Wong" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Crosspost; don't multipost:
>http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

wasn't it you in that last post on the futility of making Internet
requests?
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Oliver Wong

"Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:05:30 GMT, "Oliver Wong" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> Crosspost; don't multipost:
>>http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

> wasn't it you in that last post on the futility of making Internet
> requests?

Yes. I bet no matter how many times I post the above advice, we'll
always see another user make another multipost.

- Oliver

IveCal

The code snippet below shows the use of NetworkCredential...
I'm curious over the object (networkCredential in this case) it creates
because it was used once only for authentication purposes... (exactly
before accessing the webpage...) Do you have any idea how is this going
to be implemented in Java? Thanks...

void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) {
XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
NetworkCredential networkCredential = new
NetworkCredential("username","password"); ==> THIS IS WHAT I MEAN...

HttpWebRequest HttpWReq = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(
"http://api.keyworddiscovery.com/free.php?q="
+ HttpUtility.UrlEncode(Request.Form["query"])
);
HttpWReq.PreAuthenticate = true;

HttpWReq.Credentials = networkCredential;

HttpWebResponse HttpWResp =
(HttpWebResponse)HttpWReq.GetResponse();

if (HttpWResp.StatusCode == HttpStatusCode.OK) {
doc.Load(HttpWResp.GetResponseStream());
}

XslTransform trans = new XslTransform();
trans.Load(Server.MapPath("output_template.xsl"));

xml1.Document = doc;
xml1.Transform = trans;
}

Oliver Wong

"IveCal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> The code snippet below shows the use of NetworkCredential...

To the OP:

Did you read the link at http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html ?
I posted an answer to you in another newsgroup already.

To Roedy:

I told you so.

- Oliver