Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Webstart using ftp?

Webstart using ftp?

Bernd Eggink

Is it possible to launch an application with javaws via an ftp URL?
I tried something like

javaws ftp://userasswd@host/blah/blah.jnlp

The jnlp element in blah.jnlp has the attributes:

codebase="ftp://userasswd@host/blah"
href="blah.jnlp"

and the resources element contains

<jar href="blah.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>

But all I get is an error message caused by a "not logged in"
exception. The funny thing is, javaws can read the file blah.jnlp, but
then is unable to get the jar file residing in the same directory.

Is this supposed to work at all? Or am I missing something?

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
Regionales Rechenzentrum der Uni Hamburg

Oliver Wong

"Bernd Eggink" <(E-Mail Removed)-hamburg.de> wrote in message
news:e0u96s$rb4$(E-Mail Removed)-hamburg.de...
> Is it possible to launch an application with javaws via an ftp URL?
> I tried something like
>
> javaws ftp://userasswd@host/blah/blah.jnlp
>
> The jnlp element in blah.jnlp has the attributes:
>
> codebase="ftp://userasswd@host/blah"
> href="blah.jnlp"
>
> and the resources element contains
>
> <jar href="blah.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>
>
> But all I get is an error message caused by a "not logged in"
> exception. The funny thing is, javaws can read the file blah.jnlp, but
> then is unable to get the jar file residing in the same directory.
>
> Is this supposed to work at all? Or am I missing something?

If it doesn't work, you could try submitting a bug report to Sun.

- Oliver

UnsatisfiedLinkError using Java Webstart with custom classloader Andi Java 11 03-20-2008 05:54 AM
Using Webstart Luc The Perverse Java 14 12-22-2005 10:24 PM
Webstart, no shutcuts Gerbrand van Dieijen Java 2 07-23-2003 04:50 PM
webstart and java.util.Preferences ? Carsten Zerbst Java 1 07-16-2003 03:02 PM
Re: Webstart & Loading ImageIcons? Andrew Thompson Java 0 07-07-2003 05:03 PM

Advertisments