Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to embed a "multimedia player" into java GUI?

How to embed a "multimedia player" into java GUI?

bigwood

How to embed a "multimedia player" into java GUI?

Environment: WIN XP, jdk1.5.0, Flash 8, ...

I need to embed a "multimedia player" into java GUI. It shall be able
to:
1) Call other programs or java class to play multimedia contents (i.e,
1. play .avi video 2. play .swf Flash 3. play .wav audio 4 display .jpg
& .gif image 5. run .exe file

(by OpenGL) to display 3D graphics 6. run java class (by java 3D) file
to display 3D graphics)
2) The contents must be displayed in a java GUI container (i.e, JPanel
or any other container)
I searched the Internet and noticed I might use
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(),
http://java.sun.com/developer/JDCTec...03/tt0304.html

This approach can surely satisfy requirement 1), but I am thinking that
the requirement 2) is very hard to satisfy.
For instance, I can call Windows Media Player to play an .avi video, or
call Flash Player to play an .swf file.
However, how can I embed the Windows Media Player or Flash Player into
any java GUI container?
Windows will pop out an new window and I can not embed the new window
into a Java GUI container!

Any advice or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
TW

andrewthommo@gmail.com

bigwood wrote:
> How to embed a "multimedia player" into java GUI?

Look into JMF (Java Media Framework)

> Environment: WIN XP, ...

Have you considered .NET?

Andrew T.

bigwood

Thank you, Andrew.
I won't consider .NET because I am required to write an applet.

Embed an SVG image into MS Word using Java. NarpatSingh Java 0 01-17-2007 12:10 PM
How to embed image or javascript file into custom server control dll Big Dave ASP .Net 0 03-10-2005 03:37 PM
Embed a java-compiler in java. Java 1 11-04-2004 12:37 AM
Embed an html page into a placeholder? John ASP .Net 2 03-02-2004 12:10 PM
How to embed dynamic generated image into HTML? Olav Tollefsen ASP .Net 2 03-01-2004 03:14 PM

Advertisments