Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > jdbc-oracle-java

jdbc-oracle-java

vijjus4u

Hey all, i have a problem in connecting database by using java,by
following config , oracle8i, java-1.4.2,winxp with sp-2,please help me
for solving this problem ,I am using jdbc type-1 driver,
is oracle8i odbc drivers doent support winxp, how can i config,please
help

Jon Martin Solaas

vijjus4u wrote:
> Hey all, i have a problem in connecting database by using java,by
> following config , oracle8i, java-1.4.2,winxp with sp-2,please help me
> for solving this problem ,I am using jdbc type-1 driver,
> is oracle8i odbc drivers doent support winxp, how can i config,please
> help

Why are you mixing in odbc? What does your code look like? What
errormessages do you get? Where does the driver come from?

jcsnippets.atspace.com

"vijjus4u" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hey all, i have a problem in connecting database by using java,by
> following config , oracle8i, java-1.4.2,winxp with sp-2,please help me
> for solving this problem ,I am using jdbc type-1 driver,
> is oracle8i odbc drivers doent support winxp, how can i config,please
> help

Why are you using odbc? Have a look at the following article, it explains
how to connect to an Oracle database in Java:
http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/java/d...-database.html

If you're still having problems, it would also help to post exactly *which*
problem you are having: which exception for instance.

Best regards,

JC
--
http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/
a collection of source code, tips and tricks