Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Eclipse and Ant with Struts: how to combine to generate javadoc api, how to map struts source to binary code for debugging

Eclipse and Ant with Struts: how to combine to generate javadoc api, how to map struts source to binary code for debugging

Merlijn

Hi all,

FYI: I'm a newbie on struts and javadoc.

I'm using:

ant 1.6.5,
eclipse 3.1.1,
javadoc (jdk v1.5.0_06),
struts 1.2.8

My question is:

I've been strugling to get the struts source mapped to the struts
libraries (.jar), so I can follow my code into the struts code in
eclipse. I want to do this in order to get a higher level of
understanding.

How do I set this up in an eclipse project? Where do I put the struts
src and where to keep my own sources?

Another question is: how do I point out where the struts sources are
that need to be referenced when I run my ant task that generates the
javadoc code for my project?

Now I get the following output:
Generating Javadoc
[javadoc] Javadoc execution
[javadoc] Loading source files for package ch03.hello...
[javadoc] Constructing Javadoc information...
[javadoc]
E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\Hel loAction.java:3:
package javax.servlet.http does not exist
[javadoc] import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
[javadoc] ^
[javadoc]
E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\Hel loAction.java:4:
package javax.servlet.http does not exist
[javadoc] import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
[javadoc] ^
[javadoc]
E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\Hel loAction.java:6:
package org.apache.struts.action does not exist
[javadoc] import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
[javadoc] ^
[javadoc]
E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\Hel loAction.java:7:
package org.apache.struts.action does not exist
[javadoc] import org.apache.struts.action.ActionError;

It looks like ant can't find some referenced library code, but I don't
have a clue how to fix it.

I hope I haven't been to ambiguous about my problem. This is probably
the best way I can describe it

Thank for your kind help.

Namasté,

Merlijn