Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > joesnmp supprot for DB info..

joesnmp supprot for DB info..

celine

Hi,

i'm using joesnmp for first time. i could create snmpSession and get
response too.

The problem occurs while requesting for SQLServer Database
information.

I've mssql.mib in my system, and i could able to view this database
information from some other software but could not through the joesnmp.

It seems that mssql.mib has to be loaded by the code to get these
information, is there any way to load MIB using joesnmp?

kindly help. waiting on ur reply.

thank you.

Thomas Weidenfeller

celine wrote:
> It seems that mssql.mib has to be loaded by the code to get these
> information, is there any way to load MIB using joesnmp?

I don't know joesnmp. But what you typically need to do is to make a MIB
known to your SNMP manager. Often this is done by using a so called "MIB
compiler" to translate a particular MIB into some form which can be
understood by a particular tool. In other cases you have some import
tool or some storage where you need to provide the MIB. Check your
software documentation.

Note, MIB compilers from other tools will not work. You need what comes
with your particular software.

/Thomas
--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

celine via JavaKB.com

>known to your SNMP manager. Often this is done by using a so called "MIB
>compiler" to translate a particular MIB into some form which can be
>understood by a particular tool.

Thanks for ur input Thamas. i have not clear about this "MIB Compile", since
i have not used any MIB as of now in my tool.

i'm using joesnmp, so i need to load MIB through joe snmp or need to write
code in java to compile/load MIBs.

i still have problem in finding any way to load through joesnmp or writing a
code (in java) to load MIB.

Please help.