Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Webservice connection from Java

Webservice connection from Java

almurph@altavista.com

Hi,

Hope you can help me here and apologies if I'm in the wrong board! We
have a web service behind a firewall that we want our customers to be
able to connect to. Said Webservcie is coded in VB.NET and uses the
SOAP protocol.
Problem is though our customers use Java on an Apache server. They
want to know how to connectto this Webservice.
My question is: what should we tell them? Can anyone help please? Any
comments/suggestions/best-practises much ppreicated...

Thank you,
Al.

James McGill

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 08:39 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hope you can help me here and apologies if I'm in the wrong board! We
> have a web service behind a firewall that we want our customers to be
> able to connect to. Said Webservcie is coded in VB.NET and uses the
> SOAP protocol.
> Problem is though our customers use Java on an Apache server. They
> want to know how to connectto this Webservice.

There are SOAP libs available for Java, like Axis for instance.
As for being 'behind' a firewall, that's a sysadmin concern. SSH tunnel
the port?