Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Beginner

Java Beginner

Daniele

Hello, I've started studying and practicing Java for not too long. What do
you guys think is the best way to WEB PROGRAMMING with Java. I've tried
servlets and Jsp, they work fine, I mean the page can show dynamic context
and it can be very useful, but the page is always STATIC.

For example :

Let's say that I have a log in page, created with only HTML code. In this
page I have a POST method with an action to my index.jsp passing to it the
user and password. Now in my jsp page I check the validity of my log-in
values and then I show, for example, all the clients of the COMPANY that has
logged in, and for this I don't seem to have many problems with the code.
--open the db connection
--check the validity of username and password
--I show all the clients for this Id
while
(RECORDSET.NEXT){

--I add a row with the clients data in the html table for each record
fetched for this company ID, //in order to insert them dinamically
}

Now, my huge problem is : lets say that I want to modify the name (for
example) of one client...How can I pass the ID or even the name of my
client...

It is pretty hard to explain, hope you guys can help!

Big Jim

"Daniele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:441b7ed1$0$18292$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hello, I've started studying and practicing Java for not too long. What do
> you guys think is the best way to WEB PROGRAMMING with Java. I've tried
> servlets and Jsp, they work fine, I mean the page can show dynamic context
> and it can be very useful, but the page is always STATIC.
>
> For example :
>
> Let's say that I have a log in page, created with only HTML code. In this
> page I have a POST method with an action to my index.jsp passing to it the
> user and password. Now in my jsp page I check the validity of my log-in
> values and then I show, for example, all the clients of the COMPANY that
> has logged in, and for this I don't seem to have many problems with the
> code.
> --open the db connection
> --check the validity of username and password
> --I show all the clients for this Id
>
> while (RECORDSET.NEXT){
>
> --I add a row with the clients data in the html table for each record
> fetched for this company ID, //in order to insert them dinamically
> }
>
> Now, my huge problem is : lets say that I want to modify the name (for
> example) of one client...How can I pass the ID or even the name of my
> client...
>
> It is pretty hard to explain, hope you guys can help!

The POST method can send values to the server, have a look at HTML forms.

If it's java you're particularly interested in have a look at the struts
framework.

Daniele

Ok, thanks.
news:Jh0Tf.527$(E-Mail Removed)...