Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > rotate text for Excel output from JSP

rotate text for Excel output from JSP

judiphuongtu@yahoo.com

I have a JSP file that allows user to view output in Excel with a push
of a button. My problme is that the output format doesn't come out the
same. I use writing-mode style to rotate the text sideways at 90
degrees when I output it in Internet Explorer. The problem is this tag
is ignored when I output the data in Excel. Any ideas on what I should
set the style value to?

Thank you.
jt

judiphuongtu@yahoo.com

> I have a JSP file that allows user to view output in Excel with a push
> of a button. My problme is that the output format doesn't come out the
> same. I use writing-mode style to rotate the text sideways at 90
> degrees when I output it in Internet Explorer. The problem is this tag
> is ignored when I output the data in Excel. Any ideas on what I should
> set the style value to?
>
> Thank you.
> jt

judiphuongtu@yahoo.com

I found the answer by converting Excel to HTML. Here's the style tag
to rotate the text.

mso-rotate:90

-jt