Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Using HSSF to convert csv to Excel

Using HSSF to convert csv to Excel

sue yi Chew

Hi,

I'm new to using HSSF (http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/index.html).
Right now I have a java program that generates csv files, but I want it
to generate Excel files. Is there a utility function in HSSF that can
just take as input a CSV file and delimiter, and automatically generate
the Excel? I just want something with about the same functionality as
when you import a csv file normally into Excel.

Thanks ... please let me know if it's out there ... otherwise I have to
write it prob :/

-sue yi

vineet.arora3 vineet.arora3 is offline
Junior Member

I have csv files which I need to read using POI. Also, I have html file which has been opened in excel and saved as xls but when I try to read both these files, I get the below exception. Is there a programmatic way to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.
java.io.IOException: Invalid header signature; read 0x200020000A00FFFE, expected 0xE11AB1A1E011CFD0