Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java graph theory

java graph theory

student

i am a student tryingto write a progamme that will use graphs as their
starting point but dont know where to start. i have a small amount of
code to get me started but not much help.

If anyone can help me in anyway woulf be helpful.( places to look/
tips/ people to speak to/ books to look @ etc..)

Roedy Green

On 11 Mar 2006 10:36:15 -0800, "student" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>i am a student tryingto write a progamme that will use graphs as their
>starting point but dont know where to start. i have a small amount of
>code to get me started but not much help.

See http://mindprod.com/products2.html#SCREWS for how to do basic
drawing.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/graph.html for various graphing
packages.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Chris Uppal

student wrote:

> i am a student tryingto write a progamme that will use graphs as their
> starting point but dont know where to start. i have a small amount of
> code to get me started but not much help.

Is jgrapht the sort of thing you are looking for ?

http://jgrapht.sourceforge.net/

(Note the spelling, the 't' is deliberate, "jgraph" is a different package with
different purposes, although that might also be relevant to you)

-- chris

Roedy Green

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:34:54 GMT, Roedy Green
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/graph.html for various graphing
>packages.