Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Matrix Operations

Java Matrix Operations

M. Fernandez

Hi everybody,

i am looking for a java library (from Sun or Open Source) that may help
me to do simple operations with matrix/images (2D and 3D specially), like:

- Basic arithmetic operations
- Correlations
- Fourier transforms
- Cropping
- Convert different formats (PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF).

do you know about a library that can do this specialize stuff?

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Stefan Ram

"M. Fernandez" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>- Basic arithmetic operations
>- Correlations
>- Fourier transforms
>- Cropping
>- Convert different formats (PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF).
>do you know about a library that can do this specialize stuff?

You might find parts of it in

JScience
http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XO...REXSYJYSCIENCE
http://jscience.org/

ImageJ
http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XO...WAREXSYIMAGEYJ
http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/

Java Imaging Utilities
http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XO...NGXGYUTILITIES
http://jiu.sourceforge.net/

M. Fernandez

I have found some stuff with the JAI, have you alredy used it?? If yes,
what are the limitations of this package?

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Stefan Ram

"M. Fernandez" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I have found some stuff with the JAI, have you alredy used it??
>If yes, what are the limitations of this package?

Sorry, but I have not yet used it.

Maybe someone else could answer this?

Chris Williams

The Java Media Framework may be just what you need for both 2D and 3D:

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/

Hope it's useful

Chris.

M. Fernandez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i am looking for a java library (from Sun or Open Source) that may help
> me to do simple operations with matrix/images (2D and 3D specially), like:
>
> - Basic arithmetic operations
> - Correlations
> - Fourier transforms
> - Cropping
> - Convert different formats (PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF).
>
> do you know about a library that can do this specialize stuff?
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Marcelo

~Glynne

ImageJ should have what you need - http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/

Matrix operations et al. C++ 6 07-25-2010 03:56 PM
Re: Matrix operations on character matrix element? Robert Kern Python 0 04-02-2009 12:27 AM
Re: Matrix operations on character matrix element? Terry Reedy Python 0 04-02-2009 12:12 AM
stand-alone JMS, other JDBC operations, and transactions ( ActiveMQ + JOTM + JDBC operations ) Jesus M. Salvo Jr. Java 2 02-11-2006 06:33 PM
Sparse Matrix operations friends C Programming 0 09-17-2005 04:30 AM

Advertisments