Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Open restricted files from Eclipse

Open restricted files from Eclipse

bobrics@gmail.com

Hi,
I am using Eclipse on Ubuntu 5.10. Since I am quite new to linux
overall I have a file access question. I have some header files saved
in /usr/include/ that I would like to open and edit from Eclipse. By
default I have read-only access.

What I already know:
- opening the file in a text editor from the terminal. I don't want
that since I want to open it from under Eclipse.
- I also found a trick on ubuntuforums to drag and drop the files to a
launcher with the following command: "gksudo "gnome-open %u"". However,
this is also not exactly what I want.

Thank you