Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Mail message package

Reply
Thread Tools

Mail message package

 
 
Martin Gregorie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
Is there a Java package containing classes for handling standard main
messages?

I need the capability to:

- parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
manipulated
- Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
- decode encoded binary MIME attachments.

As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
(SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
directory for open source Java classes?

TIA

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. |
org | Zappa fan & glider pilot
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>- parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
> manipulated
>- Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
>- decode encoded binary MIME attachments.


see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javamail.html

"it's in there".
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rob Skedgell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
Martin Gregorie wrote:

> Is there a Java package containing classes for handling standard main
> messages?
>
> I need the capability to:
>
> - parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
> manipulated
> - Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
> - decode encoded binary MIME attachments.
>
> As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
> (SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
> directory for open source Java classes?


Sourceforge host some java projects as well as C, you could also look at
<http://www.java.net/>, <http://jakarta.apache.org> and the collection
of RPMs at <http://www.jpackage.org/> (sadly no RPMfind-style search
facility here).

--
Rob Skedgell <(E-Mail Removed)>
GnuPG/PGP: 7DA3 1579 C0DD 8748 C05A B984 E2A2 3234 D14B 6DD7
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
>(SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
>directory for open source Java classes?


if you are a linux user, try http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpackage.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Gregorie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>
>> As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
>> (SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
>> directory for open source Java classes?

>
> if you are a linux user, try http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpackage.html


Thanks, guys. That's exactly what I wanted to know.


--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. |
org | Zappa fan & glider pilot
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
>(SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
>directory for open source Java classes?


see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/collections.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daniel Dyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:43:18 -0000, Roedy Green
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>
>> As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
>> (SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
>> directory for open source Java classes?

>
> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/collections.html


A couple of others that aren't on that list are Java.net
(http://community.java.net/projects/) and JavaForge
(http://www.javaforge.com), which are both basically Java-only versions of
SourceForge.

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
http://www.dandyer.co.uk
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daniel Dyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-26-2006
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:54:40 -0000, Daniel Dyer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A couple of others that aren't on that list are Java.net
> (http://community.java.net/projects/) and JavaForge
> (http://www.javaforge.com), which are both basically Java-only versions
> of SourceForge.


And, of course, there's a whole load of stuff over at the Jakarta project
(http://jakarta.apache.org).

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
http://www.dandyer.co.uk
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-27-2006
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:54:40 -0000, "Daniel Dyer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly
quoted someone who said :

>A couple of others that aren't on that list are Java.net
>(http://community.java.net/projects/) and JavaForge
>(http://www.javaforge.com), which are both basically Java-only versions of
>SourceForge.


thanks. I have added them.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
error message when i try to send mail with windows mail using a ya radgey gadgey hl ASP .Net 0 11-25-2007 06:29 PM
xtra mail server - is this mail delivery system message genuine nod NZ Computing 23 10-24-2007 10:58 AM
package mail::message anyone heard of it? jga.socal Perl Misc 0 01-17-2007 12:13 AM
Mail message size problem (System.Web.Mail) =?Utf-8?B?TXJGZXo=?= ASP .Net 0 03-14-2005 08:37 PM
Size of e-mail message - message.Body = msgText =?Utf-8?B?bWc=?= ASP .Net 1 02-11-2004 07:42 PM



Advertisments