Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Converting Java projects to dynamic web projects in Eclipse

Converting Java projects to dynamic web projects in Eclipse

deepstar@gmail.com

Well, the title says it all - is it even possible?

Boris Gorjan

> Well, the title says it all - is it even possible?

<%$%^#>Not in Eclipse, no. You can do it in edlin, notepad or vi, though.</%$%^#>

deepstar@gmail.com

Is that so? The thing is that the project is already in a web format
with a WEB-INF dir, an index.html file and all - I tried creating a new
dynamic web project in Eclipse and then copy pasting my project into
it, but the webcontainer (Tomcat) isn't able to find it.

Boris Gorjan

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is that so? The thing is that the project is already in a web format
> with a WEB-INF dir, an index.html file and all -

And all. Hm.

> I tried creating a new
> dynamic web project in Eclipse and then copy pasting my project into
> it, but the webcontainer (Tomcat) isn't able to find it.

You have to learn to be specific. Otherwise you'll either get silly answers or
none at all. "Word ate my document" just won't do.

Timo Stamm

Boris Gorjan schrieb:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Well, the title says it all - is it even possible?

> <%$%^#>Not in Eclipse, no. You can do it in edlin, notepad or vi,
> though.</%$%^#>

Yes, you could edit the config files yourself, or you could create a new
web project and copy the files into it (NOT using eclipse).

Timo