Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > regex problem: 'greater than' 'less than' and 'equals' not matching!

regex problem: 'greater than' 'less than' and 'equals' not matching!

Roedy Green

On 22 Feb 2006 09:29:23 -0800, "falcon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>Sorry, it does work, I had to move some chars in my regext string
>around, but adding back slashes to those characters which have special
>meaning apparently was the problem. Thanks colirl!

It its pretty hairy since \ is used both by regex and string literals
for quoting. so a literal \ becomes \\\\
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss\regex.html#QUOTING
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.