Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > running different plugins within a java application in different JVMs [urgent need of help]

running different plugins within a java application in different JVMs [urgent need of help]

dima.alina@gmail.com

Hello everyone,

I am developing an application that supports loading plugins. It is
using the JPF framwork. The problem that I am having is that I want to
start each of the plugins within the application in different java
versions (start a JVM within another JVM). Currently, the plugins are
running as parts of my main application and not as different
applications...this is what JPF supports.

Can anyone please help me with this? It is really important that I
manage to do this.

Thanks alot,
Alina

Roedy Green

On 22 Feb 2006 07:24:54 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>I am developing an application that supports loading plugins. It is
>using the JPF framwork. The problem that I am having is that I want to
>start each of the plugins within the application in different java
>versions (start a JVM within another JVM). Currently, the plugins are
>running as parts of my main application and not as different
>applications...this is what JPF supports.
>
>Can anyone please help me with this? It is really important that I
>manage to do this.

then you must do an exec to fire up the other JVM and pass it enough
information to find the cache of the full story it needs to invoke the
plugin.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:53:57 GMT, Roedy Green

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

dima.alina@gmail.com

Hi,

Thanks alot for your reply...could you please give me some more
details? I read through the link you sent me, but I still don't manage
to understand what I would have to do. How would the original VM clsses
communicate with the classes in the new VM?

Thanks,
Alina