Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > drop down box

drop down box

gk

i have this design
---------------------

select a value : [drop down]

Data1 [text field]

Data2 [text field]

i want load Data1,Date2 values(text field) depending upon the selection
of drop down box WITHOUT RELOADING THE PAGE.

do i have to use javascript form submit ?

i am not sure how it cold be done.

please show me some steps.

thank you

VisionSet

"gk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> i want load Data1,Date2 values(text field) depending upon the selection
> of drop down box WITHOUT RELOADING THE PAGE.
>
> do i have to use javascript form submit ?

Either javascript or an applet
If you use an applet then you can create your own java.net.URLConnection
with the server the applet came from (this is the only place you can talk
to) and stream whatever you like over that connection.

--
Mike W

Mahesh

It will faster(for the user) if u do it with javascript, but u need to
put all stuff u need to show in Data1(Or 2).If u use applet .. (Mike
reply is sufficient enough for this option)
.