Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Sequence Diagramming

Sequence Diagramming

Iain

Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

~Iain

Oliver Wong

"Iain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
> say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
> template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?
>
> ~Iain

If you use Microsoft Visio, it can do this, but on the condition that
you also provide Class diagrams.

In fact, I believe Visio ignores any semantic information you provide in
the Sequence diagrams and generates it templates entirely from the
information in the Class diagrams.

- Oliver

Iain

Oliver Wong wrote:
> "Iain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
> > say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
> > template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?
> >
> > ~Iain

> If you use Microsoft Visio, it can do this, but on the condition that
> you also provide Class diagrams.
>
> In fact, I believe Visio ignores any semantic information you provide in
> the Sequence diagrams and generates it templates entirely from the
> information in the Class diagrams.

It seems to me as if nobody sees it as useful to take a sequence
diagram as input.

Don't you think it would be useful to be able to list the main possible
threads of action and have a template code drawn from that? You could
exapt later it for other uses if need be.

~Iain

Richard Wheeldon

Iain wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
> say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
> template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

Rational Rose will allow you to create sequence diagrams based on
classes in a previously created class diagram. I'd imagine TogetherJ
will allow the same,

Richard

Iain

Richard Wheeldon wrote:
> Iain wrote:
> > Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
> > say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
> > template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

> Rational Rose will allow you to create sequence diagrams based on
> classes in a previously created class diagram. I'd imagine TogetherJ
> will allow the same,

I was more curious about a program that extracts a class structure from
a large number of already existing sequence diagrams.

~Iain

Diagramming a web site. UJ ASP .Net 1 06-04-2005 09:26 AM
network diagramming tools? Volatileacid Cisco 7 07-30-2004 09:09 PM
Diagramming (wxOGL, diacanvas2) Matt Python 0 02-02-2004 11:09 PM
Network diagramming best practices white paper Peter Yardley Cisco 0 12-27-2003 05:35 AM
plotting and diagramming library Erik Lechak Python 3 10-30-2003 06:33 PM

Advertisments