Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > hi guys

hi guys

ravi

can any one tell me ,how to find out the interfaces that a class
implements?
dont say reflection i know that.
but with out reflection?

Thomas Hawtin

ravi wrote:
> can any one tell me ,how to find out the interfaces that a class
> implements?
> dont say reflection i know that.
> but with out reflection?

Reflection.

Getting the implemented interfaces from a Class is a reflection activity.

Class.getInterfaces(!) and Class.getGenericInterfaces are the methods
you don't want.

Without reflection. Well, I suppose you could use a debugging interface,
looks at class files or indirectly use reflection (serialisation,
beans, etc).

Tom Hawtin
--
Unemployed English Java programmer
http://jroller.com/page/tackline/

Roedy Green

On 7 Feb 2006 22:09:20 -0800, "ravi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>can any one tell me ,how to find out the interfaces that a class
>implements?
>dont say reflection i know that.
>but with out reflection?

Are you asking someone who write you a little command line utility
that does the dirty deed for you so you won't feel so guilty?
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Ingo R. Homann

Hi ravi,

ravi wrote:
> can any one tell me ,how to find out the interfaces that a class
> implements?
> dont say reflection i know that.
> but with out reflection?

How do you read a book without opening it?

There may be solutions (perhaps x-ray, computertomography, ... which
Thomas, Roedy and paul mentioned) but (IMHO) the one and only practical
solution is just to open the book the way it is supposed to.

That means, concerning your problem: IMHO, there is no (practical)
possibility to solve your problem.

Why do you want to use no reflection? You seem to have a good reason
(which I do not understand).

Ciao,
Ingo

Oliver Wong

"ravi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> can any one tell me ,how to find out the interfaces that a class
> implements?
> dont say reflection i know that.
> but with out reflection?

Do you have to find out at runtime, or could you find out earlier? E.g.
could you perhaps read the JavaDocs to find out what interfaces the class
implements?

- Oliver