Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > classpath for rmiregistry

classpath for rmiregistry

cnwy@263.net

Hi,
I have started rmiregistry at 1099,but can't bind the object with
java.rmi.UnmarshalException,And bind successfully Only after I set the
classpath and restart rmiregistry service.
So I want to set the classpath dynamic than restart the service.
Any suggestions?

wy.

Owen Jacobson

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:52:56 -0800, cnwy wrote:

> Hi,
> I have started rmiregistry at 1099,but can't bind the object with
> java.rmi.UnmarshalException,And bind successfully Only after I set the
> classpath and restart rmiregistry service.
> So I want to set the classpath dynamic than restart the service.
> Any suggestions?
>
> wy.

When starting the "server" JVM that exports the remote objects, set the
java.rmi.server.codebase system property to something both rmiregistry and
client applications can resolve. Eg.,

rmiregistry &
java -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=http://example.com/classes/stubs.jar -jar
server.jar

Ensure that the server's security policy is set to something sensible, too.

-Owen