Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > stack size

stack size

Andersen

How do I set the stack size of individual threads? Is there any way to
guarantee it is followed? Any specific JVMs known to behave better in
this respect?

none

Andersen wrote:
> How do I set the stack size of individual threads? Is there any way to
> guarantee it is followed? Any specific JVMs known to behave better in
> this respect?

An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
eg: -Xss1024k

Tim

Andersen

none wrote:

> An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
> eg: -Xss1024k

But this is not for individual threads, this is for all threads!

Andersen

none wrote:

> An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
> eg: -Xss1024k

But this is not for individual threads, this is for all threads!

Thomas Hawtin

Andersen wrote:
> none wrote:
>>
>> An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
>> eg: -Xss1024k
>>

> But this is not for individual threads, this is for all threads!

There is a Thread constructor that takes stackSize as an argument. Not
sure which, if any, JVMs support it. Obviously the impact of your
application is going to VM specific.

Tom Hawtin
--
Unemployed English Java programmer