Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Web App to save file into another server

Web App to save file into another server

James Yong

Hi,

I wanted a java web application in server A to save files into a directory
in server B. If it is possible, what are the options I can have?

Regards,
james

Arnaud B.

Hi,

Well you will probably need to register server B as a network drive
(Windows) or mount it (Linux) on server A, then you may want to use stuff
like this :

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/

to send files to server A, which will simply save them on server B.

Regards,

Arnaud

"James Yong" <james$@i$.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:drs65s$6dr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I wanted a java web application in server A to save files into a directory
> in server B. If it is possible, what are the options I can have?
>
> Regards,
> james

Arnaud B.

To be more precise, the fileupload project (server-side) may be used with
(for instance), the client-side counterpart of the upload process :

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

(look at MultipartPostMethod examples, to see how to "post" files)

Regards,

Arnaud

"Arnaud B." <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:drsc1l$59m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Well you will probably need to register server B as a network drive
> (Windows) or mount it (Linux) on server A, then you may want to use stuff
> like this :
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/
>
> to send files to server A, which will simply save them on server B.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnaud
>

> "James Yong" <james$@i$.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news:drs65s$6dr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted a java web application in server A to save files into a

directory
> > in server B. If it is possible, what are the options I can have?
> >
> > Regards,
> > james

James Yong

Hi Arnaud,