Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > =?iso-8859-1?q?=A330_to_whoever_can_finish_my_program.?=

=?iso-8859-1?q?=A330_to_whoever_can_finish_my_program.?=

Minor Method

Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that the
deadline is fast approaching
I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.

contact me off list
MM

zero

"Minor Method" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:

> Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that the
> deadline is fast approaching
> I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.
>
> contact me off list
> MM

Post your problem here, along with the code you have and why it's giving
you problems. You're likely to get a solution, plus you'll get to keep
your money as well as actually learn something, since people here will
point you in the right direction but not do your work for you.

Oliver Wong

"zero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Minor Method" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:
>
>> Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that the
>> deadline is fast approaching
>> I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.
>>
>> contact me off list
>> MM

> Post your problem here, along with the code you have and why it's giving
> you problems. You're likely to get a solution, plus you'll get to keep
> your money as well as actually learn something, since people here will
> point you in the right direction but not do your work for you.

That is, of course, assuming that the program is to be written in the
Java programming language, (as opposed to, say, JavaScript, or C, or
something else).

Ignoring for now the ethics behind asking people to do your homework for
you, this message is not very effective for a couple of reasons. It doesn't
say anything about the scope of the program or the deadline. Is it printing
out the Nth Fibonacci number? Is it implementing a neural network to place
chess? Is the deadline one month? Tonight? Does it involve Swing?
Client-Server architecture? Distributed agents?

Programming, and computer science, is a huge domain, and people may be
very knowlegeable in one area, but not in the others. Without knowing more
about the scope of the problem, it's difficult to know if one has sufficient
background to help you. Also, depending on how big the project is, 30 pounds
may not even be worth the effort it takes to finish it.

- Oliver

Michael Redlich

Minor Method wrote:
> Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that the
> deadline is fast approaching
> I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.
>
> contact me off list
> MM

Minor:

You have got to be kidding me! Can't you work together with other
students in your class? To me, brainstorming with your peers can be
very productive. It worked for me.

I finished my B.S. in Computer Science at night while working
full-time, and I always managed to complete my projects. It took quite
a few very late nights, but I did it nonetheless.

We are here to help you, not make money. But we're also not here to do
your assignment for you. We will be more-than-happy to provide
guidance if we see an effort on your part. Otherwise, how will you
learn?

So, why don't you provide us with the details of your project, and what
you have done so far. Also, when is this due??

Sincerely,

Mike.

--- ACGNJ Java Users Group (http://www.javasig.org/)

Roedy Green

On 24 Jan 2006 09:03:58 -0800, "Minor Method"
who said :

>Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that the
>deadline is fast approaching
>I am ashamed to be offering =A330 to whoever can finish my program.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
You have no idea how foolish what you are doing is.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

jcsnippets.atspace.com

> "Minor Method" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that the
> deadline is fast approaching
> I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.
>
> contact me off list
> MM

1. "I'm stuck" - which part is giving you troubles? What have you done
already? What have you done to resolve those problems?
2. "the deadline is fast approaching" - when I went to school, this was
usually the same as "I've started my assignment too late". Think about that.
3. "whoever can finish my program" - what program? What are you supposed to
do? What should the program do? "Hello world" can be a program, so is Adobe
Photoshop...
4. "30 pounds" - will someone be willing to write Adobe Photoshop for 30
pounds? Hardly. Hello world? Maybe - but if you put your mind to it, you can
save those 30 pounds and do it yourself.

Please think of it this way: you can either spend the 30 pounds, earn your
grades through cheating (30 pounds or more each time) and end up with a
degree you didn't earn, which will give you a job you cannot hold on to.

OR (the preferred way): you can work HARD, do your own work, and ask
questions here (which we will gladly answer) which will land you a good job,
which in turn will earn you several times 30 pounds to spend on other stuff.

Make your choice - let it be the correct one.

JC
--
http://jcsnippets.atspace.com
a collection of source code, tips and tricks

Robert Klemme

zero wrote:
> "Minor Method" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:
>
>> Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that
>> the deadline is fast approaching
>> I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.
>>
>> contact me off list
>> MM
>>

> Post your problem here, along with the code you have and why it's
> giving you problems. You're likely to get a solution, plus you'll
> get to keep your money as well as actually learn something, since
> people here will point you in the right direction but not do your
> work for you.

I don't subscribe to this. I'll definitely refuse to do someone else's
work - especially if the intention is to help him learn something.

robert

Larry Coon

Roedy Green wrote:

> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
> You have no idea how foolish what you are doing is.

But what an opportunity! I'd like to be the first to offer
Minor Method a job as soon as he graduates. Since he will
not have developed the skillset needed to solve problems,
he will have no choice but to continue paying others to do
his work. I'll hire him, then assign him the tasks I was
going to do anyway. He'll have to pay me to do them for him,
and I'll make double my salary for doing my own job.

(Insert maniacal laugh....)

Larry Coon
University of California

Luc The Perverse

"Larry Coon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Roedy Green wrote:
>
>> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
>> You have no idea how foolish what you are doing is.

> But what an opportunity! I'd like to be the first to offer
> Minor Method a job as soon as he graduates. Since he will
> not have developed the skillset needed to solve problems,
> he will have no choice but to continue paying others to do
> his work. I'll hire him, then assign him the tasks I was
> going to do anyway. He'll have to pay me to do them for him,
> and I'll make double my salary for doing my own job.
>
> (Insert maniacal laugh....)

Has it occurred to anyone that he might be getting a degree in business and
not have use for skill, problem solving, ability to think or mental clarity?

--
LTP

Eric Sosman

Robert Klemme wrote On 01/25/06 03:29,:
> zero wrote:
>
>>"Minor Method" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>>

>>>Hi, I have to write a program for school and I'm stuck. Given that
>>>the deadline is fast approaching
>>>I am ashamed to be offering 30 to whoever can finish my program.
>>>
>>>contact me off list
>>>MM
>>>

>>Post your problem here, along with the code you have and why it's
>>giving you problems. You're likely to get a solution, plus you'll
>>get to keep your money as well as actually learn something, since
>>people here will point you in the right direction but not do your
>>work for you.

> I don't subscribe to this. I'll definitely refuse to do someone else's
> work - especially if the intention is to help him learn something.

Well, you could take his 30 in exchange for a
buggy program (after all, that's what most software
vendors do). That'd help him learn something ...