Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java programmers

java programmers

tuurbo46@yahoo.co.uk

Hi

Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?

Luc The Perverse

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi
>
> Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?

Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation.

Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd
speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on
speculation.

Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible
cause.

--
LTP

Daniel Dyer

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:07:49 -0000, Luc The Perverse
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> Hi
>>
>> Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?
>>

> Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation.
>
> Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd
> speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on
> speculation.
>
> Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible
> cause.

I'm replying to the wrong post, but anyway...

IBM's Hursley research lab is reasonably local to Lymington (27.4 miles
according to the AA). I bet they have lots of Java programmers there. I
also know of Java developers working in Eastleigh, which is slightly
closer. There might be one or two in Bournemouth, and who knows, maybe
there's even a Java programmer on the Isle of Wight?

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
http://www.dandyer.co.uk

Roedy Green

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jug.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Tony Morris

Hi Roedy,
Just to note a minor typo on the URL (http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jug.html)
"Jva" should be "Java".

--
Tony Morris
http://tmorris.net/

Oliver Wong

"Daniel Dyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:07:49 -0000, Luc The Perverse
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?
>>>

>> Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation.
>>
>> Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd
>> speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on
>> speculation.
>>
>> Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible
>> cause.

> I'm replying to the wrong post, but anyway...
>
> IBM's Hursley research lab is reasonably local to Lymington (27.4 miles
> according to the AA). I bet they have lots of Java programmers there. I
> also know of Java developers working in Eastleigh, which is slightly
> closer. There might be one or two in Bournemouth, and who knows, maybe
> there's even a Java programmer on the Isle of Wight?

Ash Associates is in Christchurch, Dorset, 12.1 miles from Lymington.
They apparently "specialize in Java J2EE", so presumably they would have
some Java programmers.

Alternatively, the OP could travel to Lymington, Hampshire, and then
teach Java to someone there, and thus ensure the existence of at least one
Java programmer in the desired location. Would that be an example of
creating a new instance, or casting?

- Oliver