Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Inter-applet communication in different HTML pages

Inter-applet communication in different HTML pages

takaya

I saw many threads talking about this problem, all of them very old and
without a solution.
Basically I would like to have two applets talking. The two applets are
loaded from two different web locations.
In this way the html pages are different but also the classloaders are
different so it is not possible to use the trick with the static class
where to register/unregister the two applets.
Any ideas? Someone can help me?

Bye

Roedy Green

On 18 Jan 2006 04:49:26 -0800, "takaya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>Any ideas? Someone can help me?

If there are signed they can communicate via a disk file, a socket,
datagrams.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Thomas Hawtin

takaya wrote:
> I saw many threads talking about this problem, all of them very old and
> without a solution.
> Basically I would like to have two applets talking. The two applets are
> loaded from two different web locations.
> In this way the html pages are different but also the classloaders are
> different so it is not possible to use the trick with the static class
> where to register/unregister the two applets.
> Any ideas? Someone can help me?

The obvious solution is to communicate via the server. The main obstacle
is firewalls, although using SSL on the https port would probably get
around that (though I haven't tried it).

Tom Hawtin
--
Unemployed English Java programmer
http://jroller.com/page/tackline/