Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Source For Asymmetric Key Ciphers

Java Source For Asymmetric Key Ciphers

Luc The Perverse

Hi - I'm looking for HFE and NTRU java source code.

I don't want to pay for these libraries, because I'm not going to make a
product with them, I only want to read through the algorithms and "play"
with them. I have trouble understanding the algorithm by reading a pper,
and have a better chance of understanding if reading code.

Are they available anywhere for free?

--
LTP

IchBin

http://java.sun.com/developer/JDCTec...04/tt0116.html
--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Luc The Perverse

"IchBin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luc The Perverse wrote:
>> Hi - I'm looking for HFE and NTRU java source code.
>>
>> I don't want to pay for these libraries, because I'm not going to make a
>> product with them, I only want to read through the algorithms and "play"
>> with them. I have trouble understanding the algorithm by reading a pper,
>> and have a better chance of understanding if reading code.
>>
>> Are they available anywhere for free?
>>

> http://java.sun.com/developer/JDCTec...04/tt0116.html

I probably should use RSA if I have no real need to keep the data secure.

--
LTP

Juuso Hukkanen

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:39:38 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi - I'm looking for HFE and NTRU java source code.
>
>I don't want to pay for these libraries, because I'm not going to make a
>product with them, I only want to read through the algorithms and "play"
>with them. I have trouble understanding the algorithm by reading a pper,
>and have a better chance of understanding if reading code.
>
>Are they available anywhere for free?

anywhere...don't know but had fun searching

NTRU java
http://bass.gmu.edu/courses/ECE543/p...001/dsouza.pdf
http://bass.gmu.edu/courses/ECE543/p...uzaThomson.PDF

Apparently NTRU code was not available 2001 so they/ Rodney wrote an
own implementation

Now, where is Rodney... and his code Ok Quick googliing find out
what is true...

Possible address 1/2005
rodney.dsouza AT THE gmail.com

News posts IP (202.163.119.9 says he posted to Google group Windows
XP on 1/2005 from Pakistan Lahore, Punjab
http://groups.google.fi/group/helpwi...e=source&hl=fi

<OT>
In that case the DNS tracer is not mistaking...Hopefully he managed to
avoid being killed in those latest made by USA conducted war-crimes.
(I refer to bombing of a Pakistani village which left 18 civilians
death for no reason. It is interesting to notice that countries are
allowed to try to use large bombs in other countries in order to try
to catch criminals. Let's see that policy allows Russians to launch
cruise missiles to London suburbs in order to 'get' Chechen
politicians/terrorists. In addition that policy would suggest it is ok
for the China to try place a car bomb on a street within the USA, in
order the get their criminals e.g. Falun gong founder, damn Chinese
always trying to kill my religious leaders
</OT>

Right address was in 2001
(Remove extra-adjective)

Probably would not hurt to try also

Active 2001 ->?
dsouza AND
rodney_dsouza AND
rodney.dsouza AT THE veridian.com

In desperation Who knows maybe still
dsouza AT THE mrj.com WORKS

mars 2005 lists Rodney D'Souza
as mechanical coordinator at Arabian Construction Co's service in
Qatar
but that is propably a not the NTRU Rodney, or has managed to abandon
computers ?

Consider whether to ask if Rodney can make the code publicly available
(public domain).

Was fun...sorry no time for better un-intelligence

Juuso Hukkanen
(to reply by e-mail set addresses month and year to correct)

Luc The Perverse

"Juuso Hukkanen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:39:38 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi - I'm looking for HFE and NTRU java source code.
>>
>>I don't want to pay for these libraries, because I'm not going to make a
>>product with them, I only want to read through the algorithms and "play"
>>with them. I have trouble understanding the algorithm by reading a pper,
>>and have a better chance of understanding if reading code.
>>
>>Are they available anywhere for free?

> anywhere...don't know but had fun searching

Don't take this the wrong way - but that seems like a lot of work - and I
don't even know who this guy is.

My current quest is to find a song "Pallas Athena" by Jay Bolton from a 1996
movie which never released its sound track. I am calling the musicians
guild (or something) tommorrow and have a few studio phone numbers . . .
Only one quest at a time please! I'm beginning to think the man and the
song don't exist - they are just myths.

--
LTP

Paul Rubin

"Luc The Perverse" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> My current quest is to find a song "Pallas Athena" by Jay Bolton from a 1996
> movie which never released its sound track. I am calling the musicians
> guild (or something) tommorrow and have a few studio phone numbers . . .
> Only one quest at a time please! I'm beginning to think the man and the
> song don't exist - they are just myths.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093407/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118904/fullcredits

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/maco...y_jail/dvd.php

Luc The Perverse

"Paul Rubin" <http://(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Luc The Perverse" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> My current quest is to find a song "Pallas Athena" by Jay Bolton from a
>> 1996
>> movie which never released its sound track. I am calling the musicians
>> guild (or something) tommorrow and have a few studio phone numbers . . .
>> Only one quest at a time please! I'm beginning to think the man and the
>> song don't exist - they are just myths.
>>

> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093407/
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118904/fullcredits
>
> http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/maco...y_jail/dvd.php

Ah some familiar URLs!

One of the first things I did was sign up for a pro trial account of imdb
That is how I got the name of the composer and the number to the studio.

Thanks for trying though.

Call me strange for not wanting to watch a girl get raped every time I want
to hear the song - it just distracts somehow, but as thus far this has been
my only experience with it, perhaps I should be thankful. **lunacy
emerging . . . ** MUST HAVE SONG!!!! AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't mean to get so sidetracked though - we're we talking about
asymmetric ciphers?

--
LTP

Paul Rubin

"Luc The Perverse" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Call me strange for not wanting to watch a girl get raped every time I want
> to hear the song - it just distracts somehow, but as thus far this has been
> my only experience with it, perhaps I should be thankful. **lunacy
> emerging . . . ** MUST HAVE SONG!!!! AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think the idea is get the DVD and upload the audio of the song to
your vorbis player or whatever.

> I didn't mean to get so sidetracked though - we're we talking about
> asymmetric ciphers?

Ehh.

wwhyte@gmail.com

You may find the tutorials on the NTRU website helpful --
http://www.ntru.com/cryptolab is the place to start.

Note that we encourage people to develop and play with the algorithms
themselves, but you may not distribute your implementation without a
license from NTRU.

================================

William Whyte,
CTO, NTRU Cryptosystems

Tom St Denis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> You may find the tutorials on the NTRU website helpful --
> http://www.ntru.com/cryptolab is the place to start.
>
> Note that we encourage people to develop and play with the algorithms
> themselves, but you may not distribute your implementation without a
> license from NTRU.

With that final note how many people use NTRU versus says RSA-PKCS or
ECC-X9.6X?

Patents may make business sense but all they do is take a possibly
valid technology and make it moot. By time NTRU is available for the
public domain it'll be 2015 or so. At which point "smart cards" will
be ARM platforms [or other 32-bit platform] and ECC with prime curves
will be more than just fine in software, etc...

Tom

JDK 1.6.0_24 and AES256 ciphers Stone Java 6 06-19-2011 06:14 PM
Problem locating Sun ciphers (DESede) mattpryor Java 0 04-28-2006 10:43 AM
openssl ciphers - revisited Terry Ruby 2 05-30-2004 05:15 PM
block ciphers Trevor Perrin Python 4 04-20-2004 07:21 PM
openssl ciphers Jamis Buck Ruby 6 04-16-2004 10:10 PM

Advertisments