Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > annotations

annotations

hilz

Hi.
I am trying to use Hibernate Annotations, and i get a compile error:

.....path...\MyClass.java:16: cannot find symbol
symbol: class Entity
@Entity

my code looks like this:

@Entity
@Table(name="MYCLASSTABLE")
public class MyClass {

is there something special i need to do in order to compile with
annotations?
I have the hibernate and hibernate annotations jars in my classpath, and
i am using jdk 1.5

any help is appreciated.

hilz

hilz wrote:
> Hi.
> I am trying to use Hibernate Annotations, and i get a compile error:
>
> ....path...\MyClass.java:16: cannot find symbol
> symbol: class Entity
> @Entity
>
> my code looks like this:
>
> @Entity
> @Table(name="MYCLASSTABLE")
> public class MyClass {
>

> is there something special i need to do in order to compile with
> annotations?
> I have the hibernate and hibernate annotations jars in my classpath, and
> i am using jdk 1.5
>
> any help is appreciated.

Never mind.... it's been a long day!
I forgot to import the import javax.persistence.....