Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java sound - need help Please

Java sound - need help Please

Greg

Hello,

I'm trying to use java sound to control volume on my microphones.

The problem is that with an usb camera, i can't get any controls....

Any ideas ?

thx

Knute Johnson

Greg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use java sound to control volume on my microphones.
>
> The problem is that with an usb camera, i can't get any controls....
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> thx

Not without some code examples. Are you really using JMF? Can you get
audio data at all?

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/

Greg

The problem was only to get volume controls on input devices. I'm able to
read datas.
I finally found the problem, for the sound card, i use the sourceLine of the
port and then parse all the compound controls. For the usb webCam, i have to
use the targetLine and i get directly the controls (no compound...)

thx

98msf.6433$(E-Mail Removed)...