Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Reading information from TextAreas

Reading information from TextAreas

MacEgan

Hi I am new to Java (one week) and as such it is driving me mad.
I am trying to read the information out of a TextArea but I am getting
an AWI-eventQueue-0 exception. The code is as follows where test is a
TextArea. The reason it is cracking me up is that it works fine if I
use a TextField in its place.
String message;
message = this.test.getText().toString();

Anybody out their want to pull me back from the edge.
Anthony.

IchBin

MacEgan wrote:
> Hi I am new to Java (one week) and as such it is driving me mad.
> I am trying to read the information out of a TextArea but I am getting
> an AWI-eventQueue-0 exception. The code is as follows where test is a
> TextArea. The reason it is cracking me up is that it works fine if I
> use a TextField in its place.
> String message;
> message = this.test.getText().toString();
>
> Anybody out their want to pull me back from the edge.
> Anthony.

Take a look at 'The Java Developers Almanac 1.4' for future references
that may help..

http://javaalmanac.com/

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA