Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Crypto java (JCE api) - feed back

Crypto java (JCE api) - feed back

no

Hi,

We are considering the option of crypting certain data witihin our web
application (J2EE 1.4) and store them in the database (into regular
varchars) in order that a dba wouldn't be able to read the data.

Our application server is WAS ( target WAS 6).

Does some of you have already done that ? what are the common pittfalls
?
Is the jce api practical , high level enough ? what are its weaknesses
?
Is there some known issues concerning the was' keystore ?

thanks