Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > good IDE for java

good IDE for java

stefanomnn

hi, i'd like to have a good IDE for java, wich support j2ee...but i''d
like this IDE not to be written in java!
any one can help me?

timasmith@hotmail.com

What would you like it written in...?

Regardless, Eclipse is a great IDE for java and has various plugins
that can get you what you need for j2ee.

Roedy Green

On 11 Dec 2005 09:30:16 -0800, "stefanomnn" <(E-Mail Removed)>

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Malte

stefanomnn wrote:

> like this IDE not to be written in java!
> any one can help me?

Strange!

Well, once you have gotten over it, try Eclipse or Oracle JDeveloper or
Netbeans.

dwiz

It's not that strange... Java IDEs are sluggish.

Anyway, JCreator is a simple, good one but the best, in my opinion, is
Borlands JBuilder.

"Malte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:439ca259$0$78283$(E-Mail Removed). dk...
> stefanomnn wrote:
>
>> like this IDE not to be written in java!
>> any one can help me?
>>

> Strange!
>
> Well, once you have gotten over it, try Eclipse or Oracle JDeveloper or
> Netbeans.

Luc The Perverse

"stefanomnn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi, i'd like to have a good IDE for java, wich support j2ee...but i''d
> like this IDE not to be written in java!
> any one can help me?

You could always take a compiler written in Java and compile it to native
language

Perhaps the true question is - why do you not want the IDE to be written in
Java?

--
LTP

q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk

dwiz wrote:
> It's not that strange... Java IDEs are sluggish.
>
> Anyway, JCreator is a simple, good one but the best, in my opinion, is
> Borlands JBuilder.

many consider JBuilder to be the worst. I recall on my old computer,
lying on my bed waiting for a list of methods to come up. It wasn't
intuitive either, so many issues. Everything was a nuisance - the
Classpath oh, and the bugs. Maybe if my comp was a bit faster with
more ram it'd have been ok. JBuilder is v. unpopular.

Eclipse was a wonderful relief.
Many used Eclipse as their favourite free one, and then later buy
IntelliJ IDEA for its refactoring abilities like changing variable
names.

I don't really use java, I haven't used IDEA. I used Eclipse ages ago
and loved it, and JBuilder even longer ago which was a nightmare.

I would agree you don't want an IDE written in java ! You don't want
any application written in java only applets. And who likes
applets?

Roedy Green

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:51:02 -0000, "dwiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>It's not that strange... Java IDEs are sluggish.

Please be specific when you tar like that. It is quite improper to
tar products you have never even used.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Alex Molochnikov

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Many used Eclipse as their favourite free one, and then later buy
> IntelliJ IDEA for its refactoring abilities like changing variable
> names.

Eclipse has these features. IDEA may have other advantages (just a
supposition on my part, since I never used it), but refactoring ain't it.

> I don't really use java...

....yet feel qualified to judge its merits/failings.

> You don't want any application written in java

For someone who, by his own admission, does not use Java, this statement
rings hollow.

Alex Molochnikov
Gestalt Corporation

Adie

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:19:28 GMT, Alex Molochnikov wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> You don't want any application written in java

> For someone who, by his own admission, does not use Java, this statement
> rings hollow.

It's a fair comment, I certianly wouldnt want to use a java windows app on
a regular basis, theyre for the most part ugly and usually insufferably
sluggish. Keep java on the server if you dont mind a maintenance reboot
every 2 weeks, and it's not bad for web apps - fantastic for comp-sci 101.
Although 'real' applications arent written in java, and 'real' engineers
don't work with java as there's *always* a more suitable and elegant
solution.

New to Java Programming- Require Good IDE to start rahul8143@gmail.com Java 3 08-11-2005 08:07 PM
Good Java IDE Paul Aspinall Java 6 08-11-2005 04:44 AM
Good Java IDE? Matthew Hanna Java 18 02-02-2005 10:16 PM
Questionare: Which IDE you think is good one for writing Java Applet? M Java 3 06-02-2004 07:39 PM
enhanced ide vs ide AndyPaul Computer Information 1 01-01-2004 03:30 AM

Advertisments