Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Problem Installing J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on Windows XP SP2 Machine

Problem Installing J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on Windows XP SP2 Machine

rsirull@comcast.net

I am having trouble installing the J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on a Windows
XP SP2 machine. The installation process is hanging at the point where
the 'windows installer' window displays 'Preparing to install ...'.

I am running from a logged in user with administrator rights. I have
PKZIP for windows installed on the machine.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what might be causing this
problem.

Roedy Green

On 9 Dec 2005 18:13:39 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>I am having trouble installing the J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on a Windows
>XP SP2 machine. The installation process is hanging at the point where
>the 'windows installer' window displays 'Preparing to install ...'.

Uninstall all java. Delete all Java directories. go into the
registry and prune the java entries. Delete copies of Java files from
the windows directory.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html

Make sure there is sufficient room. Start over.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

zero

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 9 Dec 2005 18:13:39 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
> indirectly quoted someone who said :
>
>>I am having trouble installing the J2SE JDK v5.0 update 6 on a Windows
>>XP SP2 machine. The installation process is hanging at the point where
>>the 'windows installer' window displays 'Preparing to install ...'.

> Uninstall all java. Delete all Java directories. go into the
> registry and prune the java entries. Delete copies of Java files from
> the windows directory.
> See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html
>
> Make sure there is sufficient room. Start over.

Also see if you have the latest version of windows installer, and it's not
corrupted. http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Beware the False Authority Syndrome