Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > replacing duplicate object on client

replacing duplicate object on client

Luc The Perverse

"Danno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> An attempt at good grammar goes a long way I guess.
> Sounded like he already had a server, and wanted to know how it worked.

You should quote who you are replying to.

That goes a long way too

--
LTP

Danno

Yep. FYI, I was referring to the original post.

<copy>
Client Server - client is MVC server holds objects of same type as are
contained in the M of clients MVC

For the sake of this thread lets assume this is a reasonable design for
my
system.

Object arrives at client and is equivalent but obviously more upto date
than
one already held by client.
Client wants to replace the old one with the new one.

Does it:

a/ copy all the observers out of the old one into the new one and
replace
the object
b/ copy the data out of the new one into the old one
c/ replace the object and let some other observer mechanism sort
refresh
whatever
d/ something else I haven't considered.

TIA