Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > WAIT Page and Struts Framework

WAIT Page and Struts Framework

leonidk@gmail.com

Hello All,

I trying to display WAIT Page inside Struts framework.

WAIT Page might refresh each few seconds. After Time Consuming Request
(long-running request) is completed, Struts Action class will forward
browser to the new page based on ActionMapping settings in
struts-config.xml file.

Do you know any good approach to solve it?

Thanks

Tim B

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello All,
>
> I trying to display WAIT Page inside Struts framework.
>
> WAIT Page might refresh each few seconds. After Time Consuming Request
> (long-running request) is completed, Struts Action class will forward
> browser to the new page based on ActionMapping settings in
> struts-config.xml file.
>

> Do you know any good approach to solve it?
>

> Thanks

a simple client-side approach would be to invoke a javascript function when
the form is submitted that unhides a wait message, or to take the idea
further, hides/unhides whole sections of html to make it look like you've
loaded a totally new page. The response, when it occurs will load your
final page.

if you want a wait page that displays a percentage done message or graphic,
there is much more work involved. I can provide details of a way to do it if
you want.