Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Writing a Java application to send/receive HTTP Requests

Writing a Java application to send/receive HTTP Requests

davidjdoherty@gmail.com

Hi,
I would like to write a program that can send and receive HTTP
requests. Basically the first page received from the server will
contain a form and I want the user to be able to enter form data via my
app and then send the request off to the server.

I know about developing java applications, but have had very little
experience with dealing with HTTP requests in Java. Can anyone point me
to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

Cheers,
David

abigale_carson@yahoo.com

Here's Sun's tutorial on working with URLs:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...rls/index.html

--or--

http://linkfrog.net/daa9

Abigale

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=E9mi?= Bastide

> Hi,
> I would like to write a program that can send and receive HTTP
> requests. Basically the first page received from the server will
> contain a form and I want the user to be able to enter form data via my
> app and then send the request off to the server.
>
> I know about developing java applications, but have had very little
> experience with dealing with HTTP requests in Java. Can anyone point me
> to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

For the client-side, Jakarta HTTPClient class is very good.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
(I've had problems accessing this site recently, though)
--
Rémi Bastide
http://liihs.irit.fr/bastide

Viator

Have a look at

jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

Amit

davidjdoherty@gmail.com

Ah, this looks like it could be the crisp monkey. The java sun tutorial
didn't quite have enough depth, but after a quick dally whatsananny,
the jakarta site looks like it might have everything I need.

Many thanks.

Roedy Green

On 7 Dec 2005 05:51:33 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

> Can anyone point me
>to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

by far the best book is Core Web Programming by Marty Hall.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cgi.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.