Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > hashtables

hashtables

Tuurbo46

Hi

Please could somebody point me to a java example (or create some simple java
code), that writes live data (via a console program) rapped in a object to a
hash table.

I look foward to a reply to this supposedly simple problem that i am unable
to work out.

Thanks Tuurbo.

Chris Smith

Tuurbo46 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Please could somebody point me to a java example (or create some simple java
> code), that writes live data (via a console program) rapped in a object to a
> hash table.
>
> I look foward to a reply to this supposedly simple problem that i am unable
> to work out.

Your problem description isn't nearly so clear as you seem to believe.
What do you mean by "live data"?

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Roedy Green

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:21:46 -0000, "Tuurbo46" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>I look foward to a reply to this supposedly simple problem that i am unable
>to work out.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/hashtable.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/hashmap.html

You probably want a HashMap, not a Hashtable. You only need
HashTables when you have more than one thread.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.