Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Web service invocations

Web service invocations

dilinig@eurocenter.lk

Hi,

Can someone pls let me know why the error below occurs when a web
service method call is invoked via axis.

I have called the web service by generating client stubs with the
wsdl2java command.

- The Error is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
AxisFault
faultCode:
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse( Unknown
Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImp l.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
at
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPar t.java:53
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.ja va:376)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java :2583)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:224
at
com.sphereon.imh.external.wsaccess.RavnShopSoapStu b.getAnnualAccountsList(RavnShopSoapStub.java:192)

Thanks
Di

Chris Smith

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can someone pls let me know why the error below occurs when a web
> service method call is invoked via axis.
>
> I have called the web service by generating client stubs with the
> wsdl2java command.

Looking at the error message, it appears that the SOAP stub is getting
an incomplete response from the server. I'm not entirely sure why this
is the case, but that would be a server-side problem and may not be
solvable from client-side code. If the web service location is not
protected by SSL, then you should be able to get Ethereal to tell you
the complete response and confirm that this is the problem.

Do you have access to the server? Do you know what technology is used
to produce it (for example, is it using Axis?)

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation