Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > WIKI based language??

WIKI based language??

Tomas

Hi,

I have a scool assignment where i'm going to make a blog,with java Servlet,
that a user can update easy. It is to be made with an own defined "WIKI"
based language.

I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here. I've
tried to search "WIKI" on the internet but cant find anything helpful for
me. So any tip on where i can find simple code examples of how this works
would be most appreciated. Or if you can send me some code examples.

Best regards
/Tomas

Luke Webber

Tomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a scool assignment where i'm going to make a blog,with java Servlet,
> that a user can update easy. It is to be made with an own defined "WIKI"
> based language.
>
> I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here. I've
> tried to search "WIKI" on the internet but cant find anything helpful for
> me. So any tip on where i can find simple code examples of how this works
> would be most appreciated. Or if you can send me some code examples.

A wiki is not a language, it is a type of collaborative site...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

Luke

Tomas

Luke Webber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Tomas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a scool assignment where i'm going to make a blog,with java Servlet,
>> that a user can update easy. It is to be made with an own defined "WIKI"
>> based language.
>>
>> I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here.

I've
>> tried to search "WIKI" on the internet but cant find anything helpful

for
>> me. So any tip on where i can find simple code examples of how this works
>> would be most appreciated. Or if you can send me some code examples.

>A wiki is not a language, it is a type of collaborative site...
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

ok thanks. Any tip where i could find small java code examples of how such
a "WIKI" could be made?

/Tomas

>Luke

IchBin

Tomas wrote:
> Luke Webber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Tomas wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a scool assignment where i'm going to make a blog,with java Servlet,
>>> that a user can update easy. It is to be made with an own defined "WIKI"
>>> based language.
>>>
>>> I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here.

> I've
>>> tried to search "WIKI" on the internet but cant find anything helpful

> for
>>> me. So any tip on where i can find simple code examples of how this works
>>> would be most appreciated. Or if you can send me some code examples.

>> A wiki is not a language, it is a type of collaborative site...
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

> ok thanks. Any tip where i could find small java code examples of how such
> a "WIKI" could be made?
>
> /Tomas
>> Luke

Most come with source code. Just download and install one

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiEngines

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Luke Webber

Tomas wrote:
> Luke Webber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>A wiki is not a language, it is a type of collaborative site...
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

> ok thanks. Any tip where i could find small java code examples of how such
> a "WIKI" could be made?

Um, I thought you said this was homework? Yet you seem reluctant even to
do your own Google searches. I predict you will fail the course.

Luke

Roedy Green

On 05 Dec 2005 02:07:17 GMT, "Tomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here.

Wikis typically use a toy version of HTML. The idea is you let anyone
and his dog edit the website. It lets you back out changes by dorks.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/wiki.html

Snipsnap wiki is SO buggy and ill designed it will make you go bald.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Rhino

"Tomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4393a0d5$0$2272$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>
> I have a scool assignment where i'm going to make a blog,with java
> Servlet,
> that a user can update easy. It is to be made with an own defined "WIKI"
> based language.
>
> I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here. I've
> tried to search "WIKI" on the internet but cant find anything helpful for
> me. So any tip on where i can find simple code examples of how this works
> would be most appreciated. Or if you can send me some code examples.

I *think* your teacher is proposing that you give your imaginary users a way
to create web content without first having to learn HTML. A wiki lets users
create web pages with a markup that is considerably simpler than regular
HTML (not that HTML is all that difficult in the first place!) so that
non-technical users can create content directly, without the intervention of
a technical person to do markup for them.

For example, in the wiki that I've used, you indicate an unordered list like
this:

Stooges:
* Larry
* Moe
* Curly
* Joe

which is considerably simpler than having to write:

<ul>
<li>Larry</li>
<li>Moe</li>
<li>Curly</li>
<li>Joe</li>
</ul>

I've only used one wiki myself, OddMuse, so I'm not sure if the codes used
in all wikis are the same as those used in OddMuse. However, I think your
instructor wants you to do something similar for an imaginary user who wants
to create a Blog without learning HTML and so forth.

So you may want to create your own codes for the sorts of structures you'd
see in blogs, like paragraphs, illustrations, rebuttals of the bloggers
remarks, or so forth.

Of course you may want to check with the teacher to be sure that I haven't
completely misunderstood the teacher's wishes.

Rhino

Atriper

you can search in the google with this word " define:wiki" ,
i think you can find what you want ,best regards.

Tomas

Luke Webber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Tomas wrote:
>> Luke Webber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>A wiki is not a language, it is a type of collaborative site...
>>>
>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

>> ok thanks. Any tip where i could find small java code examples of how

such
>> a "WIKI" could be made?

>Um, I thought you said this was homework? Yet you seem reluctant even to

>do your own Google searches. I predict you will fail the course.

I have allready get done a lot of courses in programming. It was this WIKI
concept i've never heard of. I did a lot of searching but cause i did not
know what "WIKI" really stand for i did not find any good site. Therefore
i asked here.

If you dont want to help spare me your iq 0 comments!

>Luke

Tomas

"Rhino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Tomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:4393a0d5$0$2272$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a scool assignment where i'm going to make a blog,with java
>> Servlet,
>> that a user can update easy. It is to be made with an own defined "WIKI"
>> based language.
>>
>> I have never heard of this "WIKI" so i hope i can get some help here.

I've
>> tried to search "WIKI" on the internet but cant find anything helpful

for
>> me. So any tip on where i can find simple code examples of how this works
>> would be most appreciated. Or if you can send me some code examples.
>>

>I *think* your teacher is proposing that you give your imaginary users a

way
>to create web content without first having to learn HTML. A wiki lets users

>create web pages with a markup that is considerably simpler than regular

>HTML (not that HTML is all that difficult in the first place!) so that
>non-technical users can create content directly, without the intervention

of
>a technical person to do markup for them.
>
>For example, in the wiki that I've used, you indicate an unordered list

like
>this:
>
>Stooges:
>* Larry
>* Moe
>* Curly
>* Joe
>
>which is considerably simpler than having to write:

><ul>
><li>Larry</li>
><li>Moe</li>
><li>Curly</li>
><li>Joe</li>
></ul>
>
>I've only used one wiki myself, OddMuse, so I'm not sure if the codes used

>in all wikis are the same as those used in OddMuse. However, I think your

>instructor wants you to do something similar for an imaginary user who wants

>to create a Blog without learning HTML and so forth.
>
>So you may want to create your own codes for the sorts of structures you'd

>see in blogs, like paragraphs, illustrations, rebuttals of the bloggers

>remarks, or so forth.
>
>Of course you may want to check with the teacher to be sure that I haven't

>completely misunderstood the teacher's wishes.

Thanks. I think your right, it is something like this my teacher wants.