Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > any open source Java products that handle automated telecom calling?!?

any open source Java products that handle automated telecom calling?!?

davout

Does anybody know of any open source Java products that offer server driven
automated telecom calling?

Basically I'm looking for a telecom service product that can make telecom
calls and relay a message to a human receipient who is then prompted for a
response.

Roedy Green

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:22:29 -0000, "davout"

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jtapi.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Abhijat Vatsyayan

How do you intend to make the call ? Are you using a simple(voice) modem
connected to a computer ? Will you be running your java program on a server
with telephony capabilities?

Look at XTAPI on sourceforge. It is a JTAPI provider implementation. I have
tried it and it does not work most of the times on most of the modems ( .
I have tried looking for good JTAPI provider implementations to run on top of
a (voice) modem (open source or something cheap - $100 or so) and have not been
able to find it. Dialogic (probably Intel now) had some cards with JTAPI
provider implementations I believe.

You might want to use TAPI and JNI . What about some APIs from Net2Phone or
whatever it is that people use these days to make phone calls from a computer
(yahoo IM ?).

JavaPhone API and JTAPI Mobile might also be worth looking into. There are
relatively cheap COM components out there that might do your job though.

Abhijat

davout wrote:

> Does anybody know of any open source Java products that offer server driven
> automated telecom calling?
>
> Basically I'm looking for a telecom service product that can make telecom
> calls and relay a message to a human receipient who is then prompted for a
> response.

davout

> How do you intend to make the call ? Are you using a simple(voice) modem
> connected to a computer ? Will you be running your java program on a
> server
> with telephony capabilities?

No idea - I'm a complete beginner to this area. Initially something cheap
and easy - a modem or something I can hook up to my local home test server.