Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What kind of license do we need for java programmer?

What kind of license do we need for java programmer?

Boki

Hi All,
Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or that
is useful ) for java programmer?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Boki.

Daniel Dyer

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:42:47 -0000, Boki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or
> that
> is useful ) for java programmer?
>

> Thank you very much.
>
> Best regards,
> Boki.

Boki, it's not clear what you are asking. Are you talking about
certification/accreditation of software developers working with Java, or
do you mean software licences for programs developed with Java?

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
http://www.dandyer.co.uk

Roedy Green

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:42:47 +0800, "Boki" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or that
>is useful ) for java programmer?

nothing. Neither for the JVM. You can get CERTIFIED to help impress
employers. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/certification.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Hal Rosser

"Boki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dliiv8$ark$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or

that
> is useful ) for java programmer?

Most Java programmers are very tame, and usually have all their
immunizations. Most are also house-broken. Because of that, employers are
not required to have a license for them.

slippymississippi@yahoo.com

> Most Java programmers are very tame

Don't be so sure of that... I have seen some of them byte.

<rimshot/>

Boki

Sorry, I mean certification/accreditation. : )

Best regards,
Boki.

"Daniel Dyer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:42:47 -0000, Boki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> Could you please advice what kind of license do we need ( or
>> that
>> is useful ) for java programmer?
>>

>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Boki.

> Boki, it's not clear what you are asking. Are you talking about
> certification/accreditation of software developers working with Java, or
> do you mean software licences for programs developed with Java?
>
> Dan.
>

> --
> Daniel Dyer
> http://www.dandyer.co.uk

bokiteam@ms21.hinet.net

It is useful.

Best regards,
Boki.

David N. Welton

Boki wrote:
> Sorry, I mean certification/accreditation. : )

You should verify that people know how to code in Java for the kind of
projects you are working on.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

Darryl L. Pierce

Hal Rosser wrote:
> Most Java programmers are very tame, and usually have all their
> immunizations. Most are also house-broken. Because of that, employers are
> not required to have a license for them.

I have met a few that I hope were neutered, and always make sure you
have your programmers microchipped in case they get out of the house...

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

zero

"Boki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:dljci4$jfd$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sorry, I mean certification/accreditation. : )
>
> Best regards,
> Boki.

There are several organisations that give java certification. But there
are a lot more Java programmers who just learned it on their own, or at a
school (without special certification). This does not mean they're any
less good than the certified programmers.

Companies should test the candidate's skills, not rely on certificates. An
evaluation period works very well for this.