Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > problems while installing bdk,plz help

problems while installing bdk,plz help

preethamkumarrai@gmail.com

Hi All,
I have encounterd porblems in installing BDK(version 1.1).It
is giving the error "Installer could not find javaVM or the javaVm in
this system is too old.Installer requirs java1.1.5 or higher.". I am
using j2sdk1.4.2_05. Please help me regarding this.I have also tried
installing j2re1_4_2_06. and also, what is the exact difference
between jdk,j2sdk,j2re ..Please help me .
regards,
Prith

Dave Glasser

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 16 Nov 2005 08:03:17 -0800 in
comp.lang.java.programmer:

>Hi All,
> I have encounterd porblems in installing BDK(version 1.1).It
>is giving the error "Installer could not find javaVM or the javaVm in
>this system is too old.Installer requirs java1.1.5 or higher.". I am
>using j2sdk1.4.2_05. Please help me regarding this.I have also tried
>installing j2re1_4_2_06. and also, what is the exact difference
>between jdk,j2sdk,j2re ..Please help me .

If it's not already set, you might try setting the JAVA_HOME
environment variable to the location of your JRE before you run the
installer. If that doesn't work, then the problem is probably that
your JVM is too new, rather than too old, and that's causing the
installer to think it's invalid.

--
Check out QueryForm, a free, open source, Java/Swing-based
front end for relational databases.

http://qform.sourceforge.net

If you're a musician, check out RPitch Relative Pitch
Ear Training Software.

http://rpitch.sourceforge.net