Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Help needed for creating a browser !!!

Help needed for creating a browser !!!

Prof

I am currently doing a proj for my diploma and want to create a browser
using java. but i heard that java dosnt totally support browser
integration or displaying of web sites properly. also i heard of GECKO
engine by mozilla which can be embedded , so can i embead it in a java
compnent or cant i ??

plz suggest so options for me

thanks !!!

Andrew Thompson

Prof wrote:

> I am currently doing a proj for my diploma ..

Diploma in/of what?

(Java not)
> ...displaying of web sites properly.

Name a single user agent (web-browser) on this planet
that renders every web site just as it's author intended.

No UA so much as supports the entire W3C HTML
recommendations, and even when they do support an
element defined by the W3C, the rendering support
may well be 'buggy'.

Roedy Green

On 15 Nov 2005 02:30:47 -0800, "Prof" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>I am currently doing a proj for my diploma and want to create a browser
>using java. but i heard that java dosnt totally support browser
>integration or displaying of web sites properly. also i heard of GECKO
>engine by mozilla which can be embedded , so can i embead it in a java
>compnent or cant i ??

You can embed anything with sufficient JNI glue. There was work at
sometime of a Netscape written in Java. Perhaps somewhere those
sources are still available.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Rogan Dawes

Roedy Green wrote:
> On 15 Nov 2005 02:30:47 -0800, "Prof" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>

>>I am currently doing a proj for my diploma and want to create a browser
>>using java. but i heard that java dosnt totally support browser
>>integration or displaying of web sites properly. also i heard of GECKO
>>engine by mozilla which can be embedded , so can i embead it in a java
>>compnent or cant i ??

> You can embed anything with sufficient JNI glue. There was work at
> sometime of a Netscape written in Java. Perhaps somewhere those
> sources are still available.

look for "Jazilla"

Prof

thank you all for the recommendations and advices , they have been very
useful