Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Supplier / Sports Item project, Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supplier / Sports Item project, Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steedownes

I have been given a project to do, this is the brief.

A sports shop wants to automate its operations using computerised
information system. One of the classes needed for this system is a
sports item class.

Each sport item has a description , a price , quantity in stock,
re-order quantity and a supplier. Supplier details are name, Phone
number and email address.

When a sports item is sold, the quantity in stock should be reduced by
the number of items of that item sold. A sale can be for more than one
item. Items can only be sold if there is sufficent number in stock.

the shop needs to know at any time which items have fallen below their
reorder quantity, so the item can be restocked. When the item is
restocked, the quantity in stock for that item should be increased by
that amount.

Would really appreciated help with this. Have been told its similiar to
the Tutor Class / Student Class

Cheers

Andrew Thompson

steedownes wrote:

> Sub: Supplier / Sports Item project, Please help

me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...please fix your '!' key.

> I have been given a project to do, ...

That is a very subtle way to say 'I have assignments due,
and I am way behind on my study'. *

>... this is the brief.

How far have you got with it?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#start>

* Sure, there are other interpretations, most of
them worse.

Roedy Green

On 7 Nov 2005 08:24:48 -0800, "steedownes" <(E-Mail Removed)>

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-11-07, steedownes penned:
> I have been given a project to do, this is the brief.
>
> A sports shop wants to automate its operations using computerised
> information system. One of the classes needed for this system is a
> sports item class.
>
> Each sport item has a description , a price , quantity in stock,
> re-order quantity and a supplier. Supplier details are name, Phone
> number and email address.
>
> When a sports item is sold, the quantity in stock should be reduced
> by the number of items of that item sold. A sale can be for more
> than one item. Items can only be sold if there is sufficent number
> in stock.
>
> the shop needs to know at any time which items have fallen below
> their reorder quantity, so the item can be restocked. When the item
> is restocked, the quantity in stock for that item should be
> increased by that amount.
>

> Would really appreciated help with this. Have been told its similiar
> to the Tutor Class / Student Class

One, this smells like a homework assignment, and you haven't even
attempted to figure it out.

Two, you haven't actually asked a question. I think for most of us on
this ng, not to mention probably most of the students in your class,
it's obvious how to proceed from those instructions. So if you need
help, you'll have to at least come up with a question to indicate what
you're having trouble with.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers:

steve

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:24:48 +0800, steedownes wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed). com>):

> I have been given a project to do, this is the brief.
>
> A sports shop wants to automate its operations using computerised
> information system. One of the classes needed for this system is a
> sports item class.
>
> Each sport item has a description , a price , quantity in stock,
> re-order quantity and a supplier. Supplier details are name, Phone
> number and email address.
>
> When a sports item is sold, the quantity in stock should be reduced by
> the number of items of that item sold. A sale can be for more than one
> item. Items can only be sold if there is sufficent number in stock.
>
> the shop needs to know at any time which items have fallen below their
> reorder quantity, so the item can be restocked. When the item is
> restocked, the quantity in stock for that item should be increased by
> that amount.
>

> Would really appreciated help with this. Have been told its similiar to
> the Tutor Class / Student Class
>
> Cheers

nice try, but no real coder would ever ask such a question, be honest next
time.

steve