Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Generating PGPPublicKeyRing

Generating PGPPublicKeyRing

Sandy

Hi everybody,
I'm stuck up with a problem i'm using Bouncycastle API to perform
encryption & other things, i'm facing an issue while creating a
PGPPublicKeyRing, the issue is i am provided with 2 Keys MasterKey &
SubKey & i want to use these 2 keys to generate KeyRing that is the
PublicKeyRing should contain both these keys in itself so the approach
is as follow

I encode() master key and store it in public key ring, and later add
sub key to the ring via PGPPublicKeyRing.insertPublicKey . Stepping
through this in the debugger, this all looks fine. but when i import
this PublicKeyRing in PublicKeyRingCollection i see both the PublicKeys
in 2 separate PublicKeyRing

Roedy Green

On 7 Nov 2005 00:26:24 -0800, "Sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>I encode() master key and store it in public key ring, and later add
>sub key to the ring via PGPPublicKeyRing.insertPublicKey . Stepping
>through this in the debugger, this all looks fine. but when i import
>this PublicKeyRing in PublicKeyRingCollection i see both the PublicKeys
>in 2 separate PublicKeyRing

I will hazard a guess there is a method to add a public/private key
pair as a unit and another method to add just a public key.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.