Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > jdk1.5.0_03 source

jdk1.5.0_03 source

zero

I foolishly corrupted my copy of the jdk1.5.0_03 source code -
experimenting with what I thought was a copy, but turned out to be the only
copy I had. Does someone have a link where I can get just the source code
archive? I don't feel like reinstalling the whole JDK.

TIA
zero

Roedy Green

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:05:35 GMT, zero <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>I foolishly corrupted my copy of the jdk1.5.0_03 source code -
>experimenting with what I thought was a copy, but turned out to be the only
>copy I had. Does someone have a link where I can get just the source code
>archive?

see http://mindprod.com/jdk.html

It shows how to get any of the old JVMS.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:05:35 GMT, zero <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>Does someone have a link where I can get just the source code
>archive? I don't feel like reinstalling the whole JDK.

It takes minute or two . Src.zip is not bundled separately.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Thomas Hawtin

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html

> It shows how to get any of the old JVMS.

Or you can get the full (55MB) source:

http://www.java.net/download/tiger/t...4_may_2005.jar

1.5.0_04 was a security update, so don't use _03 to run untrusted code.
Not entirely sure about _05.

Tom
--
Unemployed English Java programmer
http://jroller.com/page/tackline/

Andrew Thompson

Thomas Hawtin wrote:
> 1.5.0_04 was a security update, so don't use _03 to run untrusted code.
> Not entirely sure about _05.

This bug indicates a JWS bug that affects 1.5.0_05.
<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5023046>
('fixed in _06')

Joan

Simple, just use your backup

"zero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I foolishly corrupted my copy of the jdk1.5.0_03 source code -
> experimenting with what I thought was a copy, but turned out to
> be the only
> copy I had. Does someone have a link where I can get just the
> source code
> archive? I don't feel like reinstalling the whole JDK.
>
> TIA
> zero

Thomas Hawtin

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Thomas Hawtin wrote:
>
>> 1.5.0_04 was a security update, so don't use _03 to run untrusted
>> code. Not entirely sure about _05.

> This bug indicates a JWS bug that affects 1.5.0_05.
> <http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5023046>
> ('fixed in _06')

Looks like they don't consider the a security problem for some reason.

Tom Hawtin