Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > I'm starting Princeton Java Users Group

I'm starting Princeton Java Users Group

yakovfain@gmail.com

Hello,

I found a company that's willing to sponsor my new Java Users Group, so
I've opened the enrollment (it's free).

We'll meet monthly meet monthly at 7:30PM, and the place is close to
Princeton, NJ, USA. I've created a Yahoo group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrincetonJUG/ , and if you live in the
area, join us! Just subscribe to this group to receive further
announcements.

I'm planning to have the first meeting in the beginning of December
2005. I'll be the first speaker (of course!) and will have a talk on
using Java messaging in financial applications. But I'll be inviting
other speakers for the future meetings

If you're interested to speak at Princeton JUG in 2006, please contact
me directly:
yakov at weekendwithexperts.com

If you've never heard about JUGs, please read my article at
http://java.sys-con.com/read/49087.htm

Thank you,
Yakov Fain
http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

Joan

are you going to put the stuff on the web so we don't have to
drive over

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I found a company that's willing to sponsor my new Java Users
> Group, so
> I've opened the enrollment (it's free).
>
> We'll meet monthly meet monthly at 7:30PM, and the place is
> close to
> Princeton, NJ, USA. I've created a Yahoo group at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrincetonJUG/ , and if you live
> in the
> area, join us! Just subscribe to this group to receive further
> announcements.
>
> I'm planning to have the first meeting in the beginning of
> December
> 2005. I'll be the first speaker (of course!) and will have a
> talk on
> using Java messaging in financial applications. But I'll be
> inviting
> other speakers for the future meetings
>
> If you're interested to speak at Princeton JUG in 2006, please
> contact
> me directly:
> yakov at weekendwithexperts.com
>
> If you've never heard about JUGs, please read my article at
> http://java.sys-con.com/read/49087.htm
>
> Thank you,
> Yakov Fain
> http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

yakovfain@gmail.com

I really like Joan's post, but she's missing the point!

You can't replace live networking with peers with online postings.
Seasoned Java developers fly over the country to attend conferences
and seminars NOT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO SOME TECHNICAL
PRESENTATION, but because they want meet people.

Oh well, gasoline is expensive these days, so you'd better do not leave
your shell unless you absolutely have to

I'll be posting speaker's ppt slides, which are useless unless you
hear the the presentation.

Joan wrote:
> are you going to put the stuff on the web so we don't have to
> drive over
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found a company that's willing to sponsor my new Java Users
> > Group, so
> > I've opened the enrollment (it's free).
> >
> > We'll meet monthly meet monthly at 7:30PM, and the place is
> > close to
> > Princeton, NJ, USA. I've created a Yahoo group at
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrincetonJUG/ , and if you live
> > in the
> > area, join us! Just subscribe to this group to receive further
> > announcements.
> >
> > I'm planning to have the first meeting in the beginning of
> > December
> > 2005. I'll be the first speaker (of course!) and will have a
> > talk on
> > using Java messaging in financial applications. But I'll be
> > inviting
> > other speakers for the future meetings
> >
> > If you're interested to speak at Princeton JUG in 2006, please
> > contact
> > me directly:
> > yakov at weekendwithexperts.com
> >
> > If you've never heard about JUGs, please read my article at
> > http://java.sys-con.com/read/49087.htm
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Yakov Fain
> > http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

Joan

How about a web broadcast kind of thing?
PPT sometimes has useful content

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I really like Joan's post, but she's missing the point!
>
> You can't replace live networking with peers with online
> postings.
> Seasoned Java developers fly over the country to attend
> conferences
> and seminars NOT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO SOME TECHNICAL
> PRESENTATION, but because they want meet people.
>
> Oh well, gasoline is expensive these days, so you'd better do
> not leave
> your shell unless you absolutely have to
>
> I'll be posting speaker's ppt slides, which are useless
> unless you
> hear the the presentation.
>

> Joan wrote:
>> are you going to put the stuff on the web so we don't have to
>> drive over
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I found a company that's willing to sponsor my new Java
>> > Users
>> > Group, so
>> > I've opened the enrollment (it's free).
>> >
>> > We'll meet monthly meet monthly at 7:30PM, and the place is
>> > close to
>> > Princeton, NJ, USA. I've created a Yahoo group at
>> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrincetonJUG/ , and if you
>> > live
>> > in the
>> > area, join us! Just subscribe to this group to receive
>> > further
>> > announcements.
>> >
>> > I'm planning to have the first meeting in the beginning of
>> > December
>> > 2005. I'll be the first speaker (of course!) and will have a
>> > talk on
>> > using Java messaging in financial applications. But I'll be
>> > inviting
>> > other speakers for the future meetings
>> >
>> > If you're interested to speak at Princeton JUG in 2006,
>> > please
>> > contact
>> > me directly:
>> > yakov at weekendwithexperts.com
>> >
>> > If you've never heard about JUGs, please read my article at
>> > http://java.sys-con.com/read/49087.htm
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Yakov Fain
>> > http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

Roedy Green

On 4 Nov 2005 07:05:51 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>You can't replace live networking with peers with online postings.
>Seasoned Java developers fly over the country to attend conferences
>and seminars NOT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO SOME TECHNICAL
>PRESENTATION, but because they want meet people.

IF you ever get a chance to go to one of the Colorado Summit Java
conferences GO.

You will meet bright people from all over the world.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/coloradosummit.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.