Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Java execute error in Linux

Re: Java execute error in Linux

Stefan Schulz

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:57:56 +0000, Peter Jones wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm having a problem resolving an error that I keep getting when
> I try to execute a peice of java code. Im using Debian 3.1r0a.
>
> Here's the lo-down. The code is wrtten and complete, no syntax errors at
> all. In fact, it compiles fine. The problem is when I try to execute the
> code. The screenshot says it all. There is no code behind the terminal
> box (where the errors are being displayed). The code you see there is
> really as simple as it looks. Any ideas? I'm open to any suggestions.
> I'm running SableVM, but that hasn't helped.

Two things to remember:

1) Do not post binary articles to a non-binary group. Hint, this is a
non-binary group.

2) Post your questions into the appropriate newsgroup. For beginners
questions, this would be comp.lang.java.help

--
You can't run away forever,

Peter Jones

Stefan Schulz wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:57:56 +0000, Peter Jones wrote:
>

>>Hello all,
>> I'm having a problem resolving an error that I keep getting when
>>I try to execute a peice of java code. Im using Debian 3.1r0a.
>>
>>Here's the lo-down. The code is wrtten and complete, no syntax errors at
>>all. In fact, it compiles fine. The problem is when I try to execute the
>>code. The screenshot says it all. There is no code behind the terminal
>>box (where the errors are being displayed). The code you see there is
>>really as simple as it looks. Any ideas? I'm open to any suggestions.
>>I'm running SableVM, but that hasn't helped.

> Two things to remember:
>
> 1) Do not post binary articles to a non-binary group. Hint, this is a
> non-binary group.
>
> 2) Post your questions into the appropriate newsgroup. For beginners
> questions, this would be comp.lang.java.help

Your opinions are appreciated. However, this is not a "beginner"
question, in the sense that my programming skills are more than adequate
to compose a succesful bug free piece of code. The code is only simple
because it was the first port (one of many) to the GNU/Linux operating
system. Also this was an execution error, and so may be to do with the
nature of the java libraries installed on the machine, and not some
buggy code. Your directions will be noted.
Again, many thanks.