Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > problem with classpath under windows

problem with classpath under windows

Markus Innerebner

In my Java application I set a classpath which is exremly long. As I
know there are some limitations on windows regarding the length of a
line. The result is, that I get an IOExpection.
Does anybody know, if it is possible to increase the parameter of the
maximal char size of a line.

Thanks for helping me

regargs Markus

Roedy Green

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:26:08 +0000, Markus Innerebner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>In my Java application I set a classpath which is exremly long. As I
>know there are some limitations on windows regarding the length of a
>line. The result is, that I get an IOExpection.
>Does anybody know, if it is possible to increase the parameter of the
>maximal char size of a line.

put the classpath in the jar. see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jarexe.html

put the jars in the ext directories instead of on the classpath.
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Markus Innerebner

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:26:08 +0000, Markus Innerebner
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>

>>In my Java application I set a classpath which is exremly long. As I
>>know there are some limitations on windows regarding the length of a
>>line. The result is, that I get an IOExpection.
>>Does anybody know, if it is possible to increase the parameter of the
>>maximal char size of a line.

> put the classpath in the jar. see
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jarexe.html
>
> put the jars in the ext directories instead of on the classpath.
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html

Hi Roedy

I will try it out.

Thanks for the quick answer