Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to launch SWT application from command line?

Reply
Thread Tools

how to launch SWT application from command line?

 
 
mdx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2005
Hi all

I made a simple SWT app with eclipse. It loads perfectly with eclipse
3.11. I can't seem to get it to load with command line.

I googled, and ppl are saying I need the path of swt.jar. I can't find
that file. Under eclipse, I have these files instead.

org.eclipse.swt_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.1.1.jar

Can somebody please help me out?

I am using, WINXP, Java 5.0,


Thanks.

Howie
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mdx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2005
nevermind.. i figured it out..

mdx wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I made a simple SWT app with eclipse. It loads perfectly with eclipse
> 3.11. I can't seem to get it to load with command line.
>
> I googled, and ppl are saying I need the path of swt.jar. I can't find
> that file. Under eclipse, I have these files instead.
>
> org.eclipse.swt_3.1.0.jar
> org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.1.1.jar
>
> Can somebody please help me out?
>
> I am using, WINXP, Java 5.0,
>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Howie

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2005
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:28:20 -0400, mdx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>I made a simple SWT app with eclipse. It loads perfectly with eclipse
>3.11. I can't seem to get it to load with command line.


I am using Eclipse and Win2k. I did a sweep and found 3 versions of
ve_swt.jar
in
E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.1
E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.2
and E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.1.01

I would just add the latest version to your general classpath or add
it to the EXT directories. Presumably Eclipse handles it for you for
a SWT project.

See http://mindprod.com/classpath.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mindprod.com Again taking new Java programming contracts.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2005
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:09:20 -0400, mdx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>nevermind.. i figured it out..


what was the catch. You are morally obligated to post the solution
after posting the question.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mindprod.com Again taking new Java programming contracts.
 
Reply With Quote
 
mdx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2005
i had to download the SWT package from eclipse(which contains some dll
files, and SWT.jar)


>E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.1
> E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.2
> and E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.1.01

these ones don't work. I had those before.

so, this is how i fixed it
extra the package to the same dir I have app. then made a jar files..
voila..

the whole problem was due to the lack of swt.jar and the dll files.

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:28:20 -0400, mdx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
> quoted :
>
>
>>I made a simple SWT app with eclipse. It loads perfectly with eclipse
>>3.11. I can't seem to get it to load with command line.

>
>
> I am using Eclipse and Win2k. I did a sweep and found 3 versions of
> ve_swt.jar
> in
> E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.1
> E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.2
> and E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.1.01
>
> I would just add the latest version to your general classpath or add
> it to the EXT directories. Presumably Eclipse handles it for you for
> a SWT project.
>
> See http://mindprod.com/classpath.html

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to launch a Windows application from a ASP.Net web application JB ASP .Net 7 10-06-2010 01:33 PM
Where can I download SWT? (SWT homepage) Ramon F Herrera Java 11 12-06-2007 03:18 AM
How to run SWT Application in HelloWorld Plugin Example Naveen Java 2 04-06-2007 03:31 AM
How do you run an SWT application outside of Eclipse Mylo Java 1 11-30-2005 05:01 PM
java desktop application with swt? Elhanan Java 13 04-08-2005 04:51 PM



Advertisments